Background

Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kelsie!!



On June 6, 1995 we had our first child, a daughter and we were so happy. What were we thinking, just kidding!! We love being parents and Kelsie is such a wonderful daughter, I am surprised I can say that after dealing with tween hormones and now having a teenager, I hope I survive. We have a great relationship with Kelsie, sure she gets on our nerves and sometimes does stupid things, but that is what being a teenager is all about. I was taking her to girls camp and her friend told us that we were fighting like sisters, after thinking about it for a while I think it really was a compliment. I hope we can continue to work at our relationship and that we can continue to communicate. I know the teenager years can be hard, but I am going to look at it as an adventure.

For her birthday she did the four things she loves the very most!! Getting her hair cut, shopping, eating out (Los Hermanos, one of her very favorite restaurants) and hanging out with friends. We had 15 teenagers here for the evening and we survived so I think that is a good sign for what is yet to come.

Happy Birthday, Kelsie!! You are a beautiful daughter of God.

2 comments:

Lott said...

Happy Birthday Kelsie. Enjoy the freedom of your teen years, but don't give your mom too much of a hard time! Hope you are enjoying girls camp!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Kelsie,
We love you. Come see us! You know we think you are "practically perfect in every way" and much cuter than Mary Poppins.
Love you,
Christine, Ryan and kids