Background

Monday, February 18, 2008

Bubba Gump's



We managed to squeeze a little more fun into our trip, as well. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. (Uncle B's favorite restaurant) was right across the street from our hotel. We had a great dinner (making Dad and Uncle B jealous). Kelsie got shrimp, I got Mahi Mahi and Rachel got mac and cheese (we couldn't convince her to try the seafood).

One funny story from our trip: The last night we were there Kelsie was hanging out with some of her dance friends. I was in our room reading and enjoying the quiet (two days of loud music was enough) and had given her our room key. Well, she lost it and we didn't have another. So we head down to the front desk to get another (did I mention it was 11:00 at night and we had to get up at 5:00 to get to the airport), only I hadn't thought to get my wallet from the room. They wouldn't give me another key without ID, so we were locked out of our room. It took 20 minutes for security to come get me and take me back to the room to check my ID and get me a new key. By that time I was so tired!! Moral of the story, don't lose your room key in the first place.

2 comments:

Lott said...

By that time of night, I would not have been very patient. I'm guessing you are exhausted today and will be playing housemaker catch up for a while

Good Luck! Next time invite me for the no sleep good times.

Melissa and Doug said...

Jen, I tagged you. (Sorry!) Go to my blog for details located under Feb. 20dougandmelissahansen.blogspot.com

It sounds like you had a good time in Colorado.