Background

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Choir Concert - "You Raise Me Up"



This year Kelsie was in the 7th grade girls choir. For a little background I've been begging Kelsie to be in choir for years, but she was afraid it wasn't "cool" enough. But she had to pick band or choir in the 7th grade. Guess what? She loved choir!! She has always had a good voice and a great stage presence, so I knew it would be a great fit. Her choir teacher was a lot of fun, so I'm sure that helped. The choir concert was a lot of fun, the kids all looked like they were having fun. The last song of the program was combined with all the choirs, they sang "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Grobin. They did an excellent job. I cried of course. This song has a lot of meaning for me, and it was wonderful to hear Kelsie sing it. Four years ago this week we learned the devastating news that Jason's brother Damon was killed in an airplane crash. One of the first songs I heard on the radio that day was "You Raise Me Up" and since then it has helped me get through that tough time and I always think about Damon when I hear it. So of course I cried when Kelsie sang it. Damon, We miss you everyday!



3 comments:

Lott said...

I have a different song I heard on the radio the day I came back from his funeral that will forever remind me of him when I hear it.

the mom~ said...

Awwww...how special. I would have been a blubbering idiot if I were you in that hall that night. What a beautiful young lady she is.

Kindt Family said...

Hi- My name is Carrie and I apologize that this might be so strange of me to do, but I was a good friend of Damon's out in Provo from 2001-2003. I thought I'd try to find a way to contact him via Facebook or something, and I tried doing a quick google search of his name- and this entry from your blog came up. I'm so incredibly shocked that he's passed away, and was wondering, if you're comfortable with it, if you might e-mail me and let me know what happened to him and when. I am so sorry for your family losing him. My name is Carrie Kindt- carriekindt@yahoo.com