Background

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I had a great Mother's Day, it started out with breakfast in bed, then church, then presents. Jason and the kids out did themselves this year. They got me a few shirts, some new jammies and a Thomas Kinkade painting for the new house. I love it!! Then a few days later we got to have it highlighted by a Master Painter at the gallery. I thought it beautiful before the highlighting, but wow it made a huge difference. Jason asked that some of the water be highlighted, the painter had not ever had anyone ask about the water. Leave it to Jason to be the first, it was no surprise to me. She loved how it turned out, and so did I. Jason blew me away again when I learned why he and the kids picked that particular painting. I loved it when I saw it, and the kids loved it and thought that was all. The biggest reason was that it reminded Jason of Grandma Thompson who passed away in January and my mom, Disneyland is both of their favorite place on earth.

2 comments:

Lott said...

Who knew Jason was in touch with his inner artist? He gets the award for most thoughtful mother's day gift.

ps. Isn't it sad that the 80's is now a time to use for costuming?

Christine said...

Wow the painting is beautiful! The second I saw it I thought that looks like the castle at Disneyland and then I read the blog. How awesome. I think our moms' mansions in heaven are going to be a lot like visiting disneyland!